I’m Delayne Duhaime, owner of The Duhaime Homestead. This is my beginning of my homestead journey. I am a 43 year old dreamer who’s goal is to be completely self sufficient and off grid. My only problem is I don’t know what I am doing but I’m learning daily and I hope you will follow my journey and learn along with me!
My dog, Stormy, and I currently live on 1 acre in Northern Minnesota on the shore of Lake Superior. I have been a nature lover since I was born. I was always the kid who came home with any animal I could find and try to convince my parents to let me keep it.
Why do this?
- You want to become a homesteader but don’t know where to even start!! Good because I don’t either but I’ve already jumped in so hold on and lets have some fun!!
- Learn step by step on starting a garden when you have nothing set up.
- Learn from a newbie homesteader on what works and what doesn’t work.
- Learn how to build garden beds, fences, etc from someone who has zero experience in it.
- Learn how to reduce your carbon footprints on Mother Earth.
- Learn from my mistakes and accomplishments
If you choose to follow my blog you will follow everything that deals with my personal life on the homestead. It will include animals, nature, farming, garden and a whole lot more. I will also post about my personal struggles as I deal with and learn how to deal with horrible Anxiety and Panic Attacks because I suffer with both.
Why should you follow my blog?
- You will see everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.
- I do not hide and I’m very honest in what I do, say and post. I am as straight forward as they come. I don’t beat around the bush.
- You have nothing to loose but a whole lot of knowledge to learn!
Are you ready to follow me on this exciting homestead journey in the making?? Let’s get this started and have some fun!!